Every parent tends to get extremely worried when their child or a suitable match exhibits a horoscope with the Mars in the 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th houses. The belief that this condition can lead to some very unfavourable marital consequences is always the fear factor, which often leads to the rejection or delay of a marriage till they are sure that the effects of the Manglik Dosha have completely worn off.
While one cannot attest or contest the truth behind these beliefs, there have been cases where these astrological conditions have lead to undesired results. At the same time, most parents and even brides and grooms don’t realize that Vedic astrology has effectively also made a list of cases which are considered to be the exceptions to this rule. Let’s go through these, and maybe it will bring you solace-
1. Just because there is a Manglik Dosha in your chart, does not mean you have to wait for years before you get married. If you are able to find a bride or a groom that have the same dosha’s, there is no issue with this couple getting married. For example, if both the girl and the boy have Mars in their 4th house, it is considered that their astrological charts match.
2. In certain parts of India, the Kuja Dosham is given equal importance as the Mangal Dosh. While most other priests believe that if the horoscope is otherwise positive and strong and if the horoscope of the bride has a good amount of grace from Jupiter, there is nothing to worry about.
3. Some ancient texts suggest that boys or girls with the zodiac signs Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Pisces do not need to worry about the Kuja Dosha.
4. Also, if the 7th house is Cancer, Sagittarius, or Pisces; no harm will be done to the either one of the couples as the dosh does not apply in such cases and in fact in considered friendly.
5. Similarly, if the 7th house is in Taurus or Libra, it will facilitate a long-term and affectionate relationship with complete fidelity.
It is important you do not get carried away with any loose statements and don’t keep any blind faith. Complete understanding of your situation will ensure a loving and healthy marital life.